4/05/2006

Letter: Congresswoman Doris Matsui

Today, I received a letter from Congresswoman Doris Matsui to whom I had sent a copy of Rainbow Over Hell. Here is what she wrote:
__________

Dear Sharon:

Thank you for taking the time to send me your translated piece Rainbow Over Hell (Jigoku-no Niji).

The underlying themes of betrayal and forgiveness are a true juxtaposition of human emotion. Saburo's ability to forgive tells us a lot about what a person can overcome. This is a book that many readers are bound to truly enjoy.

Again, thank you for sending me this masterfully put together piece.

Sincerely,
Doris O. Matsui
Member of Congress
__________

In line with several other comments I've received on Rainbow Over Hell, it seems that the theme of betrayal and forgiveness was particularly meaningful for Congresswoman Matsui. I'm grateful for her comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home