4/07/2006

Interview: Adventist Health (Creekside Office)

This morning, I was interviewed at the corporate headquarters of Adventist Health (Creekside office) for their Friday morning worship. The interviewer was our friend, Wayne Judd, director of mission and planning at Adventist Health and human being extraordinaire.

As part of the program, we showed my five-minute promo DVD for the book, which gives a synopsis of Arakaki's incredible story. We closed with a recording of Charlotte Church singing "Pie Jesu," which I had listened to continuously while translating the Suicide Cliff scene.

I would estimate that about 40 people attended the event, and I sold 11 copies of the book, which was actually more than my bookseller anticipated.

For the most part, the Creekside office of Adventist Health is comprised of information systems personnel, including my husband. Wayne and I have discussed the possibility of duplicating today's program for the Douglas office, which houses Adventist Health's corporate executives and finance people.

Adventist Health, headquartered in Roseville, California, operates health care facilities throughout California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington. The system includes 20 hospitals with more than 3,100 beds, 19,000 employees, numerous clinics and outpatient facilities, 16 home care agencies and three joint-venture retirement centers. It seems to me that Adventist Health is in the business of giving hope to those it serves, and so it felt very natural to talk about Rainbow Over Hell as a message of hope there.

I'm grateful to our friend, Stan Adams, vice president of finance for Adventist Health, for his enthusiasm for Rainbow Over Hell and for going out of his way to set up this opportunity for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home